Contact Us

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5pm
Early evening hours may be arranged in advance.

View Staff Members

Visit Campus

Canadian Students

Application Process

Canadian students follow the same admission process as US students. Our application is available online through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) Electronic Application Service at Applicants must also submit recent scores from the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and must register for the Credential Assembly Service of LSAC. Information on the LSAT and CAS, and all LSAC services, is found at

Unlike Canadian law schools, we consider your entire undergraduate record when making an admission decision and not just the last two years. Please consult Law School Admission Council,, for information on how they evaluate transcripts and calculate grade point average (GPA).

Application Checklist

Requirements to Practice in Canada

Practicing law in Canada is possible with a non-Canadian law degree however we recommend consulting Canadian authorities as early as possible for the most comprehensive information. Information on practicing law in Canada with legal education credentials from the US is available at

Financial Assistance for Canadians

All admitted candidates are considered for merit scholarships from the NSU Shepard Broad College of Law regardless of citizenship. Scholarship awards are competitive and no separate application is required. Because merit scholarship awards are partial tuition awards, they do not meet the cost of attendance.

Only US citizens and eligible resident aliens are eligible for student loan programs of the US government. The website is a useful resource for information on scholarship and loan programs Canadian students may use to study in the US.

Documents Required to Matriculate

In addition to a $500 (US) deposit to reserve a seat in the class, all entering students must provide us with official transcripts from each institution attended prior to entering NSU Law. In accordance with ABA Standards, these transcripts must be sent to LSAC for inclusion in your final CAS report.

Canadian citizens are required to have a student visa to study in the US; a Letter of Financial Responsibility or other acceptable demonstration of ability to pay for your educational and living expenses while in school will be required to obtain the form from NSU that is required for you to obtain a student visa.

Canadians in South Florida

Canadian culture thrives in South Florida. Many Canadians vacation here or become “snowbirds” and spend the winter months here. Increasing numbers of Canadians are buying real estate here and retiring here or planning for it. There are banks, medical facilities, and even eateries with services and products for Canadians. Nearby Hollywood Beach Broadwalk hosts the annual CanadaFest each winter, the biggest French Canadian festival in the US. South Florida even has Canadian ex-pat clubs. While you can’t yet get a double-double at Tim Horton’s here (hopefully they’ll open one soon), you will find opportunities to revel in being Canadian.

The Government of Canada has an office of the Consulate General of Canada in nearby Miami.