Top of Page
Skip main navigation

Visiting Applicants

If you are a student at an ABA-approved law school who has completed at least one academic year of law study, you may seek to enroll at NSU Law as a visiting student with the permission of your home law school.

Application Checklist

  • You must complete and sign Visiting Student Application. This is a paper form that you must print, complete and return by mail or email.
  • Have your law school send us a letter indicating you are in good academic standing, eligible to return to that law school, and that the law school approves you taking classes at NSU Law. the letter should indicate any restrictions.

Admission and Registration

Admission will be approved if you are in good academic standing and have your home law school’s permission to visit here. The Office of Admissions will confirm your admission as a visiting student. Registration will take place after NSU Law students have registered for their classes. Your ability to register for classes will depend upon seat availability in class; once capacity is reached in a course registration will not be possible. The Assistant Director of Student Services will assist you with your registration. Certain courses, particularly clinical or workshop courses, may be limited to NSU JD students.

Helpful Links: Academic CalendarClass SchedulesCourse DescriptionsDisability Services

Costs and Financial Assistance

Tuition and fees for fall and winter terms are charged on a flat-fee basis depending upon student status as full-time or part-time. Summer tuition is charged per credit hour. Learn More: Tuition and Fees

Your financial aid is processed and disbursed through your home law school. Upon being offered admission to NSU Law as a visiting student, contact your home law school’s financial aid office and ask them to fax a "Consortium Agreement" to Ms. Marsheila Bryant, Financial Aid Manager, NSU Shepard Broad College of Law, at 954.262.3844. Ms. Bryant will complete tuition, fees, and cost of attendance information and return the Consortium Agreement to your home law school so they may process and disburse your aid. NSU Shepard Broad College of Law does not offer financial assistance or scholarship or grant aid to visiting/transient students.

Student Life

Once registered, you are issued a NSU ID card (Shark Card) that is valid for your period of enrollment. The Shark Card provides access to University facilities including parking, shuttle service, RecPlex recreation center, and libraries. You may add cash value, in $100 increments, and use the Shark Card at campus dining facilities.

If you are interested in living in on-campus graduate housing, you should contact the NSU Office of Residential Life and Housing, 954.262.7052 or 800.541.6682, ext. 27052.

An essential part of life for most law students is involvement in student organizations. As a visiting student, you may participate in all student activities.

Contact the NSU Bookstore for information on books.

Return to top of page