The purpose of this organization is to involve students directly in human rights advocacy, through educational efforts, such as interactive projects, informative events and pro bono opportunities. A wide range of human rights issues are covered with many of the specific issues to be determined by students themselves.
By working side-by-side the NSU Career Development pro-bono approved organization, Human Rights Action Network, we are able to provide our members with hands on opportunities with attorneys here in South Florida, nationwide, and internationally. By working with this program not only will you be able to gain invaluable experience with education by researching and writing, but also by developing leadership skills, networking and managing, all while fulfilling pro-bono hours for graduation.
NHRO provides its members with the opportunity to become more educated and interested in the growing complications within our society. The formation of this organization was done with the goal of granting our students the ability to be exposed to human rights advocacy in a manner that will both improve skills as blossoming attorneys, and bring law to life in a way that is meaningful to those passionate about human rights.
We welcome all NSU students to become members and participate in the exciting events that NSU Human Rights Organization has to offer. Membership dues are $25 per year. NHRO Bylaws
- Clemency Project Initiative
- Human Rights Action Network Pro Bono Opportunities
- NHRO New Logo Design Contest
- Equality Volunteering
- Syrian Refugee Crisis Fundraiser
- Movie Premiere of "Valentine Road"
- Grand Opening Social: Meet & Greet at Ye Olde Falcon Pub
- Alliance for Fair Food Speaker
- Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network GALA Volunteering
- Alliance for Fair Food Protest in Palm Beach
- Human Trafficking International Rescue NSU Alumni Speaker
- "Call to Action" Human Trafficking Student Forum
- Lexis Nexis Professional Research Certification Workshop
- Succeeded in assisting with closure of unaccompanied minor refugee camp in Calais, France
- Assist with indigent asylum cases
- Grupo Perla wayuu bag fundraiser.
2016-2017 Executive Board
|Juan Chaves Pernett
- Eva Camara Garcia
- Bridgette Crespo
- Erika Garay
- Marcos Guerrero
- David Gunion
- Michael Julian
- Paul Kowalek
- Susan Kufdakis
- Natalie Lopez
- Davide Maceloni
- Andrew Thurn
- Alberto Mujica
- Tayane Oliveira
- Harshdeep Sandhu
- Danielle Massalone Behring
- Bonny Varghese
- Anna Yengibaryan
Stay connected! Become an HNRO member today to receive the password for our new TWEN page with our event calendar, forums, polls, and a growing outline bank!