The Hispanic Student Bar Association, "HSBA," is a legal society at Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, founded in 1980 to bring together students of both Hispanic and American heritage, as well as to promote and advance Hispanic awareness within the community. HSBA works with other organizations on campus to sponsor speakers on subjects of common interest to the student body. In addition, HSBA organizes and holds a variety of community service events and networking events in order to introduce students to judges and attorneys in the legal community.
NSU HSBA is a member of the National Latina/o Law Student Association (NLLSA).
- HSBA is an organization for both Hispanic and non-Hispanic students, day students and night students.
- Class outlines and materials available to HSBA members are also available for all students who join.
- Guest speaker events, social gatherings, food sales, fundraising events, volunteer and pro-bono opportunities.
- Networking events with law firms and other law schools.
- Signature events involving lunch at the Broward County Courthouse with judges and attorneys.
- Close relationships with several Florida Bar associations. And lots more…
2019 Immigration Legal Screening Clinic
2019 - 2020 Executive Board
||Director of Finance
||Director of Community & Legal Affairs
||Director of Media Arts
||Director of Student Involvement