- Complete the online application.
- Official transcripts showing conferred Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university, and, if applicable, official transcripts from any and all college(s) attended (undergraduate and graduate level).
- Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to work constructively with other professionals in an online environment. This includes, but is not limited to communicating effectively online or in person with faculty, staff and administrators at NSU.
- A minimum of two years of work experience is needed for the MS in Employment and MS in Health Law programs.
Please note: the Master of Science in Law programs are not open to lawyers or students studying law including foreign and international lawyers.
Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services
3301 College Avenue, P.O. Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314-9905
Schools may also submit an official transcript electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Transfer Policy
An applicant may request credits towards their program for academic work in another graduate program subject to the following:
- The course or courses for which the credit is requested must, in the opinion of the program director with the Assistant Dean, substantially overlap the subject matter of their program degree.
- The Student must have earned at least a grade of “B” or its numerical equivalent in the course or courses for which transfer credit is requested.
- No more than twelve (12) such transfer credits are permitted.
- The credits must have been earned within seven years of the date of the students’ matriculation in the program.
- The credits must have been awarded at a regionally accredited school.
- The credits must not have been taken in a degree program for which a degree was earned.
- The student must supply the program with a syllabus or course description.
At this time, we do not accept credit for professional certificate, advance placement, or experiential learning.
For International Students Only
Resident alien students are required to submit a copy of their registration card. For more information, contact the International Students office at (954) 262-7240 or (800) 541-6682 ext. 27240.
Applicants who have attended foreign universities or colleges are required to have their academic credentials evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence (a course by course evaluation) by one of the following companies:
Josef Silny & Associates www.jsilny.com
World Education Services www.wes.org
Foreign nationals who reside outside the U.S. at the time of application, and whose native language is not English, must present evidence of proficiency in English by satisfactorily completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600. Test scores must be submitted to the admissions Office. For a TOEFL application visit the web site at http://www.ets.org/toefl/.
Please be advised that effective July 1, 2014, Nova Southeastern University began accepting the Pearson Test of English-Academic (PTE-Academic) as proof of English proficiency. The minimum required overall score for the PTE-Academic is 54. The PTE-Academic will serve as an alternative option to the TOEFL and the IELTS examinations.
The PTE-Academic is a leading academic test of English that is widely accepted by thousands of universities and programs around the world. The exam is a single 3-hour computer-based English Language test that assesses listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Please note that a student must be physically present at a Pearson test center to take the test. The PTE-Academic provides students with their results within 5 business days.
There are flexible test dates available at Pearson test centers worldwide. Students can schedule their test online up to 48 hours in advance or they can schedule by telephone 24 hours in advance. To register online for the PTE-Academic, students can visit www.pearsonpte.com/register or call customer service at (952) 681-3872.