- J.D., magna cum laude Nova Southeastern University, 2004
Professor Lewis joined the Shepard Broad College of Law Faculty in 2009. He teaches Legal Research and Writing I and II, Professional Responsibility, Property Law, Sports Law and Health Issues, Sports Law and Education and Sports Law and Employment. Prof. Lewis has also taught Administrative Law, Employment Law, Sports Law, and Wills. Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Lewis worked as a litigator for Greenberg Traurig in Miami, Florida. Professor Lewis also managed his own law firm where he, among other things: (1) litigated commercial disputes; (2) represented community associations; and (3) represented athletes and entertainers. Prior to becoming an attorney, Professor Lewis was the chief financial officer and chief operating officer for a multi-million dollar Florida company.
- Prof. Lewis is a member of the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Prof. Lewis serves on the City of Lauderhill's Planning and Zoning Board.
- Prof. Lewis serves on the City of Lauderhill's Affordable Housing Committee.
- Prof. Lewis serves as Treasurer for the Galleon Foundation.
- Prof. Lewis is President of the City of Lauderhill Youth Soccer Association.
Areas of Interest
- Sports Law
- Property Law
- Condominium Law