Professor Kenneth L. Lewis, Jr. is a tenured Professor of Law. Professor Lewis joined the Shepard Broad College of Law Faculty in 2009. He teaches Property Law, Professional Responsibility, Sports Law, Legal Research and Writing I and II, Wills, Sports Law and Health Issues, Sports Law and Education; and Sports Law and Employment. Prof. Lewis has also taught Administrative Law, Employment Law, and Criminal Law.
Professor Lewis also has been a guest speaker and lecturer in Nova Southeastern University’s Life Long Learning Institute. Professor Lewis has been recognized for his commitment, including his charitable contributions, to Nova Southeastern University, and he, on several occasions, has been a guest at Nova Southeastern University’s Trifecta Luncheon.
Prior to joining the faculty, Professor Lewis worked as a litigator for Greenberg Traurig in Miami, Florida. Professor Lewis also managed his own law firm where he, among other things: (1) litigated commercial disputes; (2) represented community associations; and (3) represented athletes and entertainers. Prior to becoming an attorney, Professor Lewis was the chief financial officer and chief operating officer for a multi-million-dollar Florida company.
Professor Lewis graduated Magna Cum Laude from Shepard Broad College of Law, and, while a law student, he:
Received the Order of Barrister,
Earned The Best Petitioner Brief Award in the Fredrick Douglas Moot Court Competition,
Won The Frederick Douglas Moot Court Competition-Southern Region,
Was Senior Editor and Faculty Liaison of the Nova Law Review,
Was a Member Of and Articles Editor For the Moot Court Honor Society, and
Was a Member of the Dean’s List Every Semester,
• Prof. Lewis is a former member of the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
• Prof. Lewis serves on the City of Lauderhill's Planning and Zoning Board.
• Prof. Lewis serves on the City of Lauderhill's Affordable Housing Committee.
• Prof. Lewis is the former Treasurer for the Galleon Foundation.
• Prof. Lewis is the former President of the City of Lauderhill Youth Soccer Association.
• Prof. Lewis is the legal advisor to Caribbean Village Music Festival.
• Prof. Lewis is the Founder of Lawyer Life Magazine.
Areas of Interest
• Sports Law
• Property Law
• Condominium Law
• International Law
See Professor’s Lewis’ Keynote address to newly naturalized citizens at: