Congratulations! NSU Law is honored you have chosen the online Master of Science in Law program. Our staff and advisors are here to provide assistance every step of the way.
What to do next:
- Register for the new student orientation. The registration link can be found in your acceptance letter. If you need assistance, email MSlawprograms@nova.edu
Access your MY NSU email. This is the secure mail that all of your program information will be delivered to. Instructions on how to access your email is in the New Student Guide, emailed to you after you were accepted. You may also retrieve your username and set your password via the "Students" section of My NSU Identity.
Apply for financial aid (optional). Stay in touch with the Office of Student Financial Assistance to make sure that they have received all of the documents they need from you. Please be sure to visit the information on Satisfactory Academic Progress, SAP. NSU's school code for the FAFSA is: 001509
Register for classes! A Registration Packet per program can be found HERE.
A full course load is considered two classes per term. Students can take more or less – it is up to the student and the student's schedule. Please take some time to look over the program checklist. The checklist will help students stay on track so that they can take all of the classes they want, when they are offered and finish in two years after they start.
It is strongly recommended to take classes in the order below:
- Term 1 – Core and Program core
- Term 2 – Core and Program core
- Term 3 – Core and Program core
- Term 4 – Program core and elective
- Term 5 – 2-3 electives (students need 12-14 credits of electives. 12 if completing the Honors Thesis, 14 if not taking the honors thesis)
- Term 6 – 2 electives Apply for Honors thesis if interested
- Term 7 – Legal Research and electives
- Term 8 – IRP Seminar and Honors Thesis if accepted
- Term 9 – if needed for Honors Thesis
Please take some time to review the concentration offerings to further enhance your career.